Darfield High School welcomes international students and offers the chance to experience the real New Zealand through our beautiful location and the great academic, sporting, and cultural opportunities available. Darfield High School is situated in the safe rural town of Darfield and is only 35 minutes away from Christchurch International Airport. Darfield town has several cafés, a bakery, medical centre, pharmacy, port office, library, bank, supermarket and much more. It is the perfect place to experience the real New Zealand
Darfield, 45min west of the city centre of ChristchurchTotal Students:
• Respect for each other and yourselves
•Wisdom through learning - preparing students to be global citizens
• Make the most of academic, sporting and cultural opportunities offered and work hard to reach your potential.
• Through our strong focus on integration, international students are welcomed into the school and local community, and quickly become valued members of both.
• Darfield High School students enjoy making friends with international students, and our Cultural Ambassadors Club actively welcomes new international students.
• There is a wide range of homestay accommodation available. Students can choose to live in the countryside and enjoy the rural lifestyle and farm animals, or live in Darfield township within walking distance of school.
• Darfield High School is large enough to offer a wide range of academic, sporting, and cultural opportunities but small enough to know students well.
• The International Department provide full support and are happy to help students make the most of their time in New Zealand by running a comprehensive activity programme. This includes the weekly, after school 'International Club', termly events and activities, as well as optional school holiday trips.Subject Highlights:
Outdoor Education, Science, AgricultureLanguages offered:
Te Reo Māori, French, Japanese and Latin (via virtual learning)Sport Highlights:
Skiing and Snowboarding, Horse Riding, Rugby, Hockey, Basketball, Netball, Tennis, and VolleyballCultural Highlights:
School Production, Jazz Band, Show Quest, Cultural Diversity Day, and School House Competition which includes Talent Quest, Singing and more.Other Unique Highlights:
Snow programme, wide range of Horse Riding opportunities, and comprehensive end of year programme.School Facilities:
Technology and Art Centre, Performing Arts Suite, Library, Wi-Fi, Two Gymnasiums with Rock Climbing wall, Tennis courts, Netball courts, and Hockey turf.
For further information click here: https://darfield.school.nz/international/