International students are an important part of Rangiora High School. Our school is over 130 years old, has its own school farm with a variety of Agricultural subjects, Equestrian Academy on campus, specialised Outdoor Education Programmes and Volunteer Programmes. We are a large ‘city style school’ in a safe rural environment.
9-13 (High School)Accommodation:
35 minutes north of ChristchurchTotal Students:
Rangiora High School was established in 1884 and has over 130 years of excellence in both academic achievement and sporting success. A co-educational government school with 1,800 students. It is set in extensive grounds, which cover 49 hectares of land with a school farm, equestrian academy and excellent modern classrooms and sporting facilities in a safe town only 25 minutes from Christchurch city. We are proud to be a caring, community-based environment inspiring life-long learning. Rangiora High School has average NCEA exam results and full English language support. Rangiora High School offers an Equine Academy and specialised Adventure Education Programmes. Subject Highlights:
Equestrian Academy including Equine Studies, Outdoor Education, Art programme, Photography, Drama, Science, Digital Technologies, Agriculture Science, Animal Husbandry, Rural Studies, Hospitality, Media Studies and Business studiesLanguages Offered:
French, Japanese, Te Reo MāoriSport Highlights: Horse Riding (including dressage, eventing and show jumping), Horse Polo, Kayaking, Skiing and Snowboarding, Canoe Polo, Rock Climbing, Surfing, Dragon Boating, Basketball, Rugby, Rowing, Volleyball, Soccer, Golf and specialised Outdoor Education ProgrammesCultural Highlights:
Drama, Theatre Sports, Kapa Haka, Orchestra, Chorale and Professional Music Tutors Other Unique Highlights: Adventure Education, School Farm, Equine Academy on campus, 3 gymnasiums, tennis courts, squash courts and extensive sports fields.
We trust that you will find all the information you require on our website
. SPECIAL FEATURES
- Rangiora High School is a place to study, learn, develop and experience New Zealand. We are proud to be a caring, community-based environment inspiring life-long learning.
- Rangiora High School is committed to providing the best possible teaching and learning opportunities in a caring and supportive environment. Students will be able to improve their English language, gain qualifications, experience new activities, make new friends and join in with local families.
- Rangiora High school offers students an experience to study in an excellent academic school, live in a safe and friendly town and live with a local New Zealand family.
- All students are encouraged to balance their academic education with extracurricular activities. There is a wide range of sporting, cultural, artistic and musical activities.
- The academic results are excellent and extra help and support are offered for students to gain their qualifications as well as improve in their English skillsAdventure Education Programmes
- Students can experience a wide range of exciting and diverse outdoor activities and trips while at Rangiora High School. The programme combines the outdoor opportunities with academic subjects. There is one specialised trip away in Term 1, 2 and 3.Equestrian Academy on School Campus
- Rangiora is a popular town for Horse Riding. Students can choose to live in the countryside with a family who have their own horses and riding at home. Rangiora High School also offers professional Horse Riding Lessons on campus, Horse Polo, Horse Trekking and students can take Equine as a subject. School Farm
- Rangiora High School has its own farm on campus so students can take a variety of subjects, which involve agriculture or horticulture. These classes are a good opportunity togain skills and experience in the science of farming and animal care.End of Year Programme
- Rangiora High School offers a four week End of Year Programme for international students who are not sitting NCEA. The programme is a mix of onsite school based activities and experiencing local attractions and outdoor activities.