Christ’s College is New Zealand’s oldest private school where international students live in on-site boarding houses and become fully immersed in the life of the school. A specialised weekend boarding programme offers a huge range of action packed outdoor activities.
Single Sex BoysYears:
Central City Total Students:
SPECIAL FEATURES:A SCHOOL FOR BOYS
- Schools for boys understand and celebrate boys, seek first to build good men, know that boys develop and learn in different ways, teach in ways that boys learn best, help students discover and explore their full potential and foster lifelong friendships. One of the important advantages of a single-sex education is the opportunity it presents to create a learning environment, literally and figuratively, that accommodates what boys and young men need.HOUSE SYSTEM
- The Houses are more than just physical spaces where boys live or congregate. Within each House, lifelong friendships are formed, a solid work ethic is nurtured, teamwork is fostered and leadership is promoted. Whether in sporting, cultural or academic arenas, every boy within each House is able to make and be recognised for his contribution to the school.BOARDING
- Boarders fill significant numbers in the lists of academic achievers, sporting stars, expert musicians and theatrical talents to come out of Christ’s College. Perhaps the fact that they live, eat, work and play on campus makes it easier for them to find their niche and to be supported in it. And they do all of this while they develop life-long friendships with the other boys in boarding, as well as with the academic and House staff who guide them through their adolescent years. The weekend activity programme includes many exciting activities from surfing to skiing. PERFECT - INTERNATIONAL AND ROUND SQUARE
- One of our 22 Prefect leaders is allocated the portfolio, “International & Round Square”. This enables international student leadership and voice. It also enhances the College experience for international students through numerous activities organised and supported by the student leadership of the school.SPORT
- Christ’s College is well known across New Zealand for its competitiveness in abroad range of sports, from traditional team sports to more recreation-based activities. Staff work alongside professional coaches to assist teams and individuals. The House system encourages participation in a wide range of sporting activities which lead boys into new experiences. At Christ’s College, sport is kept in balance with scholastic and other co-curricular activities but is considered to be a part of school life in which many boys can excel. Sport is compulsory in both summer and winter.Subject Highlights:
Science, English and MathematicsLanguages offered:
German, French, JapaneseSport Highlights:
Over 20 Sports offered, with high performance in Cricket, Tennis, Hockey, Football, Athletics, Rugby and RowingCultural Highlights:
Large Choir, Orchestra, Big Band, professional DramaOther Unique Highlights:
A unique House system, where everyone belongs to one of ten Houses, either day or boarding. Every House has its own Housemaster, and there are competitions every week between the Houses. A weekend boarding programme with lots of free activities for the boarders. Special Features:
A historic campus featuring beautiful heritage architecture, campus surrounded by Hagley Park and Botanic Gardens. Some people call Christ’s College the “Harry Potter” school!
For further information click here: https://christscollege.com/enrolments/international-students/international-overview/